May 20, 2016
Dear St. Joseph Parishioners,
Greetings and peace. These days of May are filled with so many grace-filled events: First Communions and Confirmations, weddings and graduations. It’s all good.
I came home to St. Joseph for a few days, primarily for Grace Flusche and Jace Ogden’s wedding tomorrow and our St. Joseph School Graduation on Tuesday. Then, it’ll be back to Salamanca and another month of studies before returning to St. Joseph at the end of June—in time for Bishop Elect David’s consecration as the 4
Bishop of Tulsa on June 29.
- “When he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth.” John’s Gospel beautifully lays out for us the truth of the Trinity, God as one divine reality expressed in three persons, Father, Son and Spirit. I have all three of our Masses this weekend: Saturday at 5pm, Sunday at 9:30am (English) and 12noon (Spanish).
- Congratulations to
- Sophia Alessandra Macareno who will be baptized Saturday and celebrate her 3 year Presentación.
- Julian Rizo who will be baptized.
- Grace Flusche and Jace Ogden who will celebrate their wedding Saturday evening.
- It turns out the timing of this weekend return was timely indeed. Fr. Rob was asked to cover St. Francis in Idabel for Fr. Steve Austin who is recovering from surgery and then Fr. Basil is to cover Fr. Rob’s route: which includes Stillwell, Heavener and McAlester for Masses in Spanish.
- Fr. Basil will offer Mass Saturday morning at 9am in the Marian Chapel.
- Please note: Tuesday Mass at 8:15am will be in the Church for St. Joseph School. No Mass this Monday.
- St. Joseph School Students are wrapping up a great 126th year of Catholic education in Muskogee and preparing for our 127th year in 2016-17.
- 8th Grade Graduation is Tuesday, May 24th at 6pm.
- The final day of this semester is Wednesday, May 25th with students free to check out after the awards assembly in the Parish Hall
- Tours and enrollment remains available throughout the summer. Please contact Sandy at the School Office for more information (918-683-1291 or email@example.com).
- St. Joseph Altar Society has new officers: President Samantha Cain, Co-Vice Presidents, Dr. Theresa Amigo and Nancy Hernandez Montes, Secretary Karen Flusche and continuing Treasurer Fran Risch.
- Congratulations to all our local high school graduates: Hilldale is tonight, Bishop Kelley tomorrow (we are very proud of our own Thomas Garcia) and soon, Fr. Gibson and Muskogee.
- Muskogee Catholic Charities is delighted to announce: our very first graduate in our new program of a GED coordinated by the Mexican Consulate, Brenda Yebra.
Now, it’s off for lunch, tex-mex. Gosh, it’s amazing how much we miss familiar tastes, like flour tortillas and chips and salsa. Then, both to the VA and Muskogee EASTAR for hospital visits.
May God bless you and all you love—and all you should.
St. Joseph Church and School